Ardent defenders of the First Amendment and the Separation of Church and State

..........................................................................

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Happy Holidays!

I don't give an actual rat's ass what beliefs people hold, but I do hope that most of us get a chance to have some nice times with family and friends this time of year.  After all, getting a couple days off work in itself is cause for celebration! The ending of another year and beginning of a new one always give me hope that the collective good will that is represented by "The Holidays" will carry over to some degree.

Since our kids are all out on their own there's been a couple times over the last few years that we didn't put up a tree. That wasn't well accepted by Mrs Froggie so I determined that we would have a tree this year.  The problem is that my son and I stashed our tree in the storage space above my shop with much effort.  We bought that sucker about six years ago and it is a deluxe model with the lights right on it.  That monstrosity weighs a ton, the box it is in is huge, and is no fun to put up. Granted, it is a beautiful tree and at any distance it looks real as shit; cost us over two hundred bucks. What to do, what to do?

So last week I was heading in to Walmart to pick up a prescription and lo and behold, right there in the middle of isle were trees, complete with lights, weighing in at about twenty pounds, in a compact container for thirty nine bucks.  "Perfect," I think so I bought the tree and hid it in the shop and on Friday while MF was away I set it up in the living room.  It took about  five minutes and the process was painless.


Not exactly like the picture on the box


I was pretty sure this was not going to be very well received.  And indeed, it was not, though over the next couple days I think it kinda grew on her.

"Once we get the decorations on her she'll be beautiful," said I.

And it came to pass that after the Steeler loss to the Cowboys on Sunday, my two little helpers, Beth and our friend Terri, set about doing their magic and we ended up with a damn fine tree!







My Little Helpers

So, all is well that ends well.  I love when a plan works out.  And they let me install my Peace Sign Tree Topper all by myself!












Mission Accomplished!

Happy Holidays!






No comments: